This simple Excessive-Protein Zucchini Omelet, for one, is a wholesome solution to begin the morning. Over 36 grams of protein and 1 cup of veggies!
Excessive-Protein Zucchini Omelet
I’ve been prioritizing protein and greens, making it a degree so as to add one cup of veggies to each meal. It’s an effective way to get your every day fiber – I purpose for not less than 25 grams every day. Omelets are such a simple solution to obtain this purpose! This vegetarian omelet has an entire cup of zucchini and a mixture of egg and egg whites for extra-lean protein. Extra of my favourite omelets are Goat Cheese Herb Omelet with Nova Lox, Broccoli and Cheese Omelet, and Open-Confronted Omelet with Feta, Roasted Tomatoes, and Spinach.
- Onion: Chop 1 / 4 cup of crimson onion.
- Zucchini: Cube the zucchini into matchsticks.
- Eggs: You’ll want one egg and three-quarters cup of egg whites, which is about six eggs. You may also purchase liquid egg whites on the grocery store to save lots of time.
- Parmesan: Grated or shredded parmesan cheese will work.
- Salt and Pepper: Maintain it easy with salt and pepper for seasoning.
Ought to I cook dinner my veggies earlier than placing them in an omelet?
It is best to cook dinner the greens for a couple of minutes earlier than including the eggs to melt them.
Learn how to Make an Omelet
- Greens: Warmth the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium- low warmth. Stir within the onion and cook dinner for 2 to a few minutes. Add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook dinner for a couple of minutes till tender.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Cook dinner: Pour the eggs over the veggies within the skillet. Cowl the pan and cook dinner for about 5 minutes till the eggs are set. Flip the omelet over onto your plate.
- Veggies: Swap yellow squash for zucchini or add 1 cup of your favourite veggies.
- Eggs: Be happy to make use of extra entire eggs as a substitute of egg whites.
- Protein: Add lean breakfast sausage or ham for much more protein.
- Spice: Should you like your meals spicy, drizzle sriracha or sizzling sauce over the omelet.
- Double the recipe to feed extra folks.
Extra Excessive-Protein Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! Should you’ve tried this wholesome Excessive-Protein Zucchini Omelet recipe or every other on Skinnytaste, don’t overlook to fee the recipe and depart me a remark beneath. And in case you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare on my Tales!
Excessive-Protein Zucchini Omelet
This simple Excessive-Protein Zucchini Omelet, for one, is a wholesome solution to begin the morning. It’s an enormous meal with over 36 grams of protein and 1 cup of veggies!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup crimson onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, diced into matchsticks
- 1 massive egg
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- contemporary black pepper, to style
Over medium-low warmth, warmth oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
Stir in onion and cook dinner till golden, about 2 to three minutes.
Add zucchini and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style and cook dinner 3 to 4 extra minutes stirring sometimes, till tender.
In a medium bowl, whisk egg, egg whites, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
Add eggs to the skillet ensuring eggs cowl all of the greens. Cowl and cook dinner till the eggs set, about 5 minutes.
Flip it over onto your plate and serve with sizzling sauce, or sriracha if desired.
Serving: 1omelet, Energy: 283kcal, Carbohydrates: 10.5g, Protein: 31g, Fats: 13g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 194.5mg, Sodium: 844.5mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 6g
Key phrases: cooking for one, eggs, excessive protein, excessive protein breakfast, zucchini recipes